Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

112 Guests, 1 User
tickDauct

Author Topic: Wanted: K940MCW  (Read 170 times)

ratherman

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Wanted: K940MCW
« on: November 05, 2017, 08:36:06 AM »
I just upgraded to a newer PowerMaxPro (latest rev) and it appears it does not play nice with real old K940MCW.  Some of mine work and some do not - I have mine all painted to match the walls - so just would like to stick with the older K940 vs the new ones.  I need (5) of them - the EPROM should read 10.x or newer.

Thanks!!

TN DIY

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: K940MCW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 10:33:06 AM »
Did you check Amazon or Ebay?

ratherman

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:45:36 AM »
I already did - did not find any MCW's that support PowerCode/Power MAX...

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 08:58:38 PM »
Ratherman, how certain are you that some of your K940s need to be replaced? I've never worked with Visonic's PowerMaxPro so I don't know the details of enrolling and testing, but I've worked with a lot of different makes and models of RF sensor/transmitters & receiver/panels, and it's odd that some of your PIRs work with the panel and some don't, if they're all the same age and model.  Are they? Were all of the K940s installed at the same time?

It's possible that your new panel could be made to work with your existing PIRs if you troubleshoot the problem.  You said that your new panel "...doesn't play nice..." with _some_ of your K940s, but that doesn't really give me any symptoms to diagnose.  "Doesn't play nice" sounds like a euphemism for "Don't work", which is sometimes a euphemism for "Didn't do what I expected it to do," which sometimes hints at a procedural oversight that affects some units and doesn't affect others.

If you give us a more detailed description of what is happening when you try to enroll or test the K940s, it's possible that the Visonic techs on here could spot a possible solution that doesn't involve new PIRs.

ratherman

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 08:33:03 AM »
The PIR's that do not work are version 1.x, the ones that work are version 2.x - they were purchased at different times.  When I say they do not play nice, they enroll fine, but over 24-48 hours they fill the log with various PIR errors.  They indicate 'Trouble' and the system refers to them as 'Fire sensors'.    I have removed them and re-enrolled them many times, it is very reproducible. 

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 10:31:25 PM »
Okay, that does sound like a compatibility issue, but as I said, I've never actually worked with any of the PowerMax series panels so I'll wait for a Visonics expert to weigh in.

It was worth a shot.

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
I got nothin' (regarding versions).  Sounds like they be broke.

IMO ebay is the best source for old stock.  The whole Powermax/Powercode line is obsolete - I'd settle for anything that worked, including the K9-85 MCW .