Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

126 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: set 5834-4 keyfob asterisk button as a trigger in Vista Automation Module scene?  (Read 94 times)

veni vidi vici

• View Profile
I would like to add a scene to a Vista Automation Module triggered when the asterisk (*) button (SERIAL #1 LOOP 1) on a Honeywell 5834-4 keyfob is pressed. Anyone know how to do this?

Panel is a Vista 20p with a 6160RF keypad
« Last Edit: November 09, 2017, 04:26:23 PM by veni vidi vici »

veni vidi vici

• View Profile
Got it figured out! I had everything set up properly except that I hadn't checked the Primary RIS Device checkbox on the VAM ECP setup page. Before doing that, it had been malfunctioning, but works fine now.

The asterisk key is set as a Zone Type 23 (No Alarm Response) and the zone that corresponds to the asterisk key of the 5834-4 is set to trigger upon fault.

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
Yes, if you aren't using TC2 and you want VAM/TUX scenes to trigger from a system zone fault, you'll need that Primary RIS Device box checked off on the VAM/TUX ECP Address screen in programming.
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.