Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

129 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Connecting Fire Supressor Micro Switch to Fire Alarm Panel  (Read 128 times)

troutdog

• Security Pro
  • If it makes sense, your doing it wrong
    • View Profile
Connecting Fire Supressor Micro Switch to Fire Alarm Panel
« on: November 14, 2017, 02:47:31 PM »
 Well I think I'm over my head but I'm going to give it a go on this big job, well big to me. I'm B class and have only done fire protection in homes and small commercial buildings in my 5 years of doing this.
 My question is how to connect to a zoned Honeywell fire alarm panel to monitor the kitchen food fire suppression systems micro switch?  Do you need a listed device in between or do you just connect to a fire zone in the panel by itself? This will only be to monitor it not activate the suppressor system. Also can I simply use listed wire for this or does it need to be in listed pipe. I've been reading in the NFPA book and must be over looking.
I'll have more questions later, Thank you
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:52:42 PM by troutdog »

NHRACER

• View Profile
Re: Connecting Fire Supressor Micro Switch to Fire Alarm Panel
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 09:03:06 PM »
Sounds like an Ansul system?  Many times I have tied them to a FACP.. Normally what I have done in the past. Using appropriate wire/wiring methods prescribed by the AHJ.  Bring the wire to the suppression system controls/micro switch. Have the suppression system company make the connections. You will need to provide them with the EOL Resistor.

troutdog

• Security Pro
  • If it makes sense, your doing it wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 03:14:58 PM »
Thank you for the reply. That's exactly what I was needing to know.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 10:38:37 PM »
Be careful.   A lot of times, those switches are double-pole, and one of the poles is already being used for equipment shutdown and has 120VAC on it.  Normally, the suppression company will have already installed a 4x4 junction box outside of the control box for the switch so that it won't be necessary to open the control box.   If you're opening the Ansul control cabinet, be extremely careful to not touch any of those skinny cables or you'll have a mess!!
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.