Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

132 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: PowerMaxComplete Problem  (Read 174 times)

Solarman

• View Profile
PowerMaxComplete Problem
« on: November 17, 2017, 03:08:27 PM »
Hello All, new to this type of asking questions.
This is regarding TRBL showing on a Visonic PowerMaxComplete, it indicates a "Line Failure" is this referring to a land line connection or something else. I have as yet not connected a land line to it...a bit confusing.
Many thanks.
Tony
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 05:18:53 AM by Solarman »

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PowerMaxComplete Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 01:18:01 PM »
"line failure" is telephone line.

Probably in the manual somewhere.

Solarman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 11:18:19 AM »
Hello Twisted.
Many thanks, yes found it and rectified.
Don't suppose you know if the PIR batteries (CR-123A) could be re-chargeable ones, would be cheaper over time. The mAh is nearly double so would hopefully last a lot longer. These are 2300mAh in stead of 1450, also can be recharged 1000 times, voltage is a bit higher at 3.7v instead of the 3v.

twisted

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2017, 08:46:44 PM »
IMO rechargeable almost doesn't matter.  In my older Powermax+ system the CR123(nothing?) batteries last more than 2 years.  I think there may even be some ORIGINAL batteries in my K945MCW (PIR) sensors from 2008.  That is probably wrong, but the point is that the primary batteries last so long in the security devices, that changing batteries is not a major expense so I don't bother to recharge.  Usually the rechargeables I look at, have lower capacity which would increase my dead time and maintenance time.  Be aware that the off-brand manufacturer temptation to overstate capacity is strong and many don't bother to resist.

I do recharge many batteries including RCR123, AA, AAA in Lion, NiMH for high-drain applications, mostly flashlights and cameras.

Solarman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 06:43:31 AM »
Many thanks for your help.
I have been testing the system, all appears to work except on an "alarm" the fob will not switch "off"  when pressing the open padlock. I have to entre the code at the panel, would this be a setting that I have entered wrongly ?
Thank you.