Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

129 Guests, 1 User
ETray413

Author Topic: nx 7002 IM  (Read 835 times)

tomkalam

• View Profile
nx 7002 IM
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:32:48 AM »
Hi,
recently I installed an NX7002 IM as a backup to the fixed line system so as to monitor the status remotely and if necessary to arm/disarm it. I had very hard time till I manage to get gsm signal due to the module position in house. I think I managed to get  gsm connection but I now have issue with the configuration. I am sending sms texts to the module but I get nothing. Most likely the phone number is not registered to the module etc. Anyway, I would like to check the current status of the system, if there are already registered phone number? And the way to configure it to the above service (get alarm status and enable it remotely if needed). Any support is highly appreciated.

Thomas

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: nx 7002 IM
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »
The vast majority of users here are North American and we don't get the 7002 here.  Hopefully a knowledgeable European can help you with the config. NA users have the NX-591 and 592 cellular radios available an they work very differently.
I'm a bit surprised that there are stil GPRS services available in in Europe, our systems here are being switched off at a prodigious rate and he radio spectrum reused to never grades of service, though I do wonder why the carriers have chosen to do this over maintaining an skeletal 2G network to support legacy data users.
Our cellular devices do not support direct messaging.  They require a 3rd party service provider to operate. So we are essentially limited to TCP-IP to interact between our cell phones and the panel.
I have the NX-595E installed in many of my clients' systems and notifications are sent to the Ultrasync app.
The international version of the 595 also supports IVR on the POTS interface, another feature Americans also don't get.
Good luck.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

fostiras

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • SMS controllable thermostat
Re: nx 7002 IM
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 04:55:49 PM »
Hi there,
I know this threat isn't new but the NX-7002 is a GSM module that is mainly used for it's SMS (plain text) capabilities (both monitoring and controlling) . The usual SIM registration problem with this module is misconfiguration of the SIM's PIN number. The module gives 3 tries in no time and the SIM card gets blocked. Also the module will not let you use a SIM with deactivated PIN. That is my experience with the NX-7002.

It's been two months now that I am using the new NX-595E. The only thing I could not manage to make work is to make a simple voice call upon an event initiated from the NX-595E. I am using an NX-8E and maybe there are compatibility issues - I dont know maybe Frank can help. E-mail works OK. Push notifications on an Android phone does not work for me either.

If telephone cables are tampered the NX-7002 has a higher security as a backup device. Of course it can can still suffer from wireless jamming.

george
George Karavasilis

Industrial Automation
Thessaloniki - Greece

easyhomeplus.gr/default.asp?LangId=46