Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

131 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: nx 7002 IM  (Read 100 times)

tomkalam

• View Profile
nx 7002 IM
« on: November 26, 2017, 06:32:48 AM »
Hi,
recently I installed an NX7002 IM as a backup to the fixed line system so as to monitor the status remotely and if necessary to arm/disarm it. I had very hard time till I manage to get gsm signal due to the module position in house. I think I managed to get  gsm connection but I now have issue with the configuration. I am sending sms texts to the module but I get nothing. Most likely the phone number is not registered to the module etc. Anyway, I would like to check the current status of the system, if there are already registered phone number? And the way to configure it to the above service (get alarm status and enable it remotely if needed). Any support is highly appreciated.

Thomas

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: nx 7002 IM
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »
The vast majority of users here are North American and we don't get the 7002 here.  Hopefully a knowledgeable European can help you with the config. NA users have the NX-591 and 592 cellular radios available an they work very differently.
I'm a bit surprised that there are stil GPRS services available in in Europe, our systems here are being switched off at a prodigious rate and he radio spectrum reused to never grades of service, though I do wonder why the carriers have chosen to do this over maintaining an skeletal 2G network to support legacy data users.
Our cellular devices do not support direct messaging.  They require a 3rd party service provider to operate. So we are essentially limited to TCP-IP to interact between our cell phones and the panel.
I have the NX-595E installed in many of my clients' systems and notifications are sent to the Ultrasync app.
The international version of the 595 also supports IVR on the POTS interface, another feature Americans also don't get.
Good luck.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.