Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

125 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SOLVED: NX-1280E keypad won't chime  (Read 75 times)

tr1tan1um

• View Profile
SOLVED: NX-1280E keypad won't chime
« on: December 29, 2017, 12:15:42 PM »
Hi, I'm new here. I've worked around security and surveillance equipment for 10 years or so. I have a decent amount of experience with Caddx panels, primarily the NX-8E/V2

I recently installed an interlogix NX-1280E keypad, and I can't get it to chime! The system is comprised of an NX-8E, an NX-595E, an NX-148RF, and a few wired and wireless contacts. Everything is on partition 1. I can access the programming through DLX900 and the NX-1280E seems to be working properly otherwise.

When I press the chime button on the 1280E, I can hear the other 148RF chime. When I open a door, the 148RF chimes, but the 1280E does not. The 1280E does show events such as doors/motions open, etc., and it will beep at opening/closing. But it won't chime!

After digging around, I saw the possibility of a zone chime - perhaps this has something to do with it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 05:57:16 PM by tr1tan1um »

tr1tan1um

• View Profile
Re: NX-1280E keypad won't chime
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 05:56:41 PM »
I figured it out. It's not the most intuitive for those who are familiar with traditional programming.

With the older keypads, "chime" is a global setting that applies to any zone that is set to a zone type that is associated with a chime such as 3 (entry door) or 6 ("instant" - doors/windows).

With the NX-1280E, each zone must be set to chime, regardless if the zone type chimes. This can be done by pressing MENU>Controls>Zones, then pessing the zone number desired, then pressing "Chime" on the lower right. This must be repeated for each zone that is to chime. This only applies to the keypad, and I don't know if the changes would affect multiple 1280E's.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 06:03:14 PM by tr1tan1um »