Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

143 Guests, 1 User
murphy62

Author Topic: Vista 20P Configurable Code *184 for Water Sensors  (Read 412 times)

kh57smth

• View Profile
Vista 20P Configurable Code *184 for Water Sensors
« on: January 19, 2018, 02:37:47 AM »
After reviewing the Vista 20P configurable codes threads, I was unable to find one for water sensors.  I'm now hoping an expert can help me.

My system is a Vista 20P ver 10.23 with a 6160 keypad.
Water sensors are a 470PB hardwired to zone 2 and a 470PB wired to a 5821 wireless temperature sensor on an RF zone.  One is monitoring a hot water tank and the other a dishwasher. 

I am planning to configure Zone Type 91 in *184 so if a water leak occurs, the water sensors will always alarm and the siren will sound regardless of the keypad status.

Here is the code #0,1,0,1,0,1,0,0,3,6

This is what I think the code is doing:
    Entry 1 -- 0 = Normal on EOL when system is Disarmed
    Entry 2 -- 1 = Alarm on Shorted
    Entry 3 -- 0 = Normal on Intact EOL when keypad is armed Stay
    Entry 4 -- 1 = Alarm when Shorted
    Entry 5 -- 0 = Normal on Intact EOL when keypad is armed Away
    Entry 6 -- 1 = Alarm when Shorted
    Entry 7 -- 0 = Show Alarms when armed & disarmed
    Entry 8 -- 0 = No entry delay
    Entry 9 -- 3 = Pulsing bell and keypad with no timeout
    Entry 10 -- 6 = Trouble sounds are trouble beeps and the keypad chimes when chime mode is on

Reading NOTE 5 in the programming guide, the "OPEN" option is not on applicable to RF zones on entries, 1,3, and 5 so I used the "Shorted" for of normal RF zone conditions.

Also, I am not able to use *184 because it is being used for an overhead garage door so the *182 special configuration zone type has to work for wired and wireless devices.

Please advise, if
    a) the proposed configurable configuration is correct or
    b) what changes should I make or
    c) is there another stock zone type I could use.

Thanks

Ken

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
Re: Vista 20P Configurable Code *184 for Water Sensors
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2018, 09:07:33 AM »
Instead of using a complicated configurable zone type why wouldn't you just use the Zone Type 08 which is 24-Hour Auxiliary Alarm and activates regardless of the system arming status and sounds the keypad alarms? If you want the main siren and the keypad alarms, you could use Zone Type 07 which is 24-Hour Audible Alarm (usually used for panics but seems to be exactly what you're trying to do with the configurable zone type).
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

kh57smth

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 01:25:44 AM »
Thanks Sterling.  I'll do that.

Ken

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 01:25:35 PM »
Great, if it ends up not doing exactly what you want, let us know so we can assist with a configurable zone type instead.
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.