Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

115 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Total Connect 2 and using the Arm Stay / Arm Away buttons don't always work  (Read 723 times)

myculito

• View Profile
Vista 21ip, and three keypads (2 6160 keypads, 1 6160RF keypad)

At a loss here as to why the Arm Stay / Arm Away buttons in the Total Connect app don't always work.

1. Sometimes, it'll hang there, saying "communicating with panel"

2. Other times, it says something like "security action failed"

3. Clicking on the keypad button and letting it load arms the system, and tends to make the Arm Stay/Arm Away buttons work after.

Any advice on what could be the problem? I've even try to set up port forwarding on the Vista internal IP for port 80 and 443 traffic, but it doesn't seem to help.

myculito

• View Profile
I take it nobody else has encountered this issue?

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
We've had some customers report similar issues recently and from our conversations with Honeywell it seems it may be related to them working on implementing TC2 partition control. I imagine they are working on some things at the TC2 servers to make TC2 partition control work that are causing problems for existing accounts. They seem to be aware of the issue and are working towards a resolution.

Of course, with that said, there's many things that could cause what you are experiencing and it could be network or panel programming related but if your TC2 has been working fine and you haven't made any recent programming or networking changes, I'd expect your issues will be resolved on Honeywell's end sooner than later.

Have you asked your alarm monitoring provider to look into the issue for you?
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

myculito

• View Profile
We've had some customers report similar issues recently and from our conversations with Honeywell it seems it may be related to them working on implementing TC2 partition control. I imagine they are working on some things at the TC2 servers to make TC2 partition control work that are causing problems for existing accounts. They seem to be aware of the issue and are working towards a resolution.

Of course, with that said, there's many things that could cause what you are experiencing and it could be network or panel programming related but if your TC2 has been working fine and you haven't made any recent programming or networking changes, I'd expect your issues will be resolved on Honeywell's end sooner than later.

Have you asked your alarm monitoring provider to look into the issue for you?

Sterling, I have sent you a Private Message.

BuddyBoy

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
It seems to have gotten much worse in the last four or five weeks.  For years, arming and disarming with the app used to be nearly 100% reliable and quick.  Lately it seems the arm/disarm are only 50% successful, and when it does work, it takes much longer.  Pretty sure the problem is not on my end - either with my mobile carrier's LTE network, or my own internet connection when my phone is on our WiFi.  I'm going to have to spend some time trying to track this down - wife is not happy.

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
What system and communicator are you using?
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

BuddyBoy

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
It's a Vista 20p and an iGSMV4G.  It's actually improved as of about a week ago, and the response time and reliability seem about what it was before.

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
There was a TC2 website update recently and two recent iOS updates (most recent was on Monday) and I suspect the issues may be resolved now but that hasn't been confirmed.

There are a lot of variables involved and often issues that seem related and possibly Honeywell server related, aren't so it's hard to say but hopefully things stay reliable for you going forward.

myculito, have you noticed better behavior recently?