Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

37 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Motion sensor to trigger event - Not alarm event  (Read 373 times)

reffr

• View Profile
Motion sensor to trigger event - Not alarm event
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:41:11 PM »
Hello,

I have a Vista 20p alarm system.  I want to make a wireless motion sensor (HONEYWELL INTRUSION 5800PIR-RES WIRLESS PIR, RESIDENTIAL) act as a trigger for a light to turn on.  I have motion set to zone 23.  It never wakes up...in other words....when I first power it on the light blinks bright.  Then after I wait a while, I go in to trigger the motion and it does not wake up.  I have waited a long time. 

Any help would be appreciated.

a

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Motion sensor to trigger event - Not alarm event
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:51:20 PM »
It's for battery conservation.  10 minute walk test mode when powered up.  After 10 minutes, LED is shunted.  Remove and replace the battery if you want to walk test again for 10 minutes.  Also, only 1 transmission from the motion to the receiver per 3 minutes after walk test has ended.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 09:32:32 AM »
Are you using a Tuxedo Touch or VAM as a Z-Wave controller for the light automation?
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.

reffr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 08:42:31 AM »
Tuxedo touch...

I cannot get it it work...its like the motion does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sterling Donnelly

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
    • No contract alarm monitoring and DIY friendly home security!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 10:05:28 AM »
Do you have Total Connect 2.0 service? If so, you should be able to create the Scene on TC2 for the light to come on when that particular zone is faulted. As long as you understand it will only "fault" at most every 3 minutes due to the battery saver mode, it will work.

If you don't have TC2, you need to ensure that your Tuxedo has the Primary RIS Device check box checked off on the Tuxedo ECP Address page for the scene based on a zone fault to properly function. Again, you'll need to keep in mind that the motion will only fault at most once every 3 minutes though.
Alarmgrid.com offers the full line of Honeywell security equipment and no contract alarm monitoring services with plans starting at only $10/month. Come check us out to see detailed product descriptions catered towards the DIY security community.