Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

125 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: SELECTX Model Discontinued, Question about pendant  (Read 140 times)

troutdog

• Security Pro
  • If it makes sense, your doing it wrong
    • View Profile
SELECTX Model Discontinued, Question about pendant
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:38:51 PM »
Well looks like for those using the Visonic Line is screwed! I have 100+ customers using the SELECTX. I went to order some pendants and learned it is discontinued. This really puts me in a big big bind. My question is does anyone know of a pendant that uses the same frequency 24-bit ID code and will work with these panels? or somewhere I could buy a large order of whats left out there? Any help would be appreciated greatly. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2018, 04:42:14 PM by troutdog »

troutdog

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: SELECTX Model Discontinued, Question about pendant
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:45:02 PM »
Looks like it is a 24 bit ID code in the 315MHz range. Not sure if this is all it uses or if this even helps. Just trying to locate a pendant that will work with it.

troutdog

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 02:03:24 PM »
Well I've tried a Linear and Honeywell that use the 315MHz and another I can't remember the MHz but it was like 335 or something. No luck. er have tried to open a few of the MCT-212 pendants with no luck.  Looks like we will be eating all these systems as the batteries die in the pendants. If you guys think of anything please let me know, thanks

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 10:10:24 PM »
I've never used or seen the Visonic MCT-212 pendant, but it seems incredible that anyone nowadays makes a pendant or fob that can't be opened to change the battery.  The last fob like that, that I know of, was the Ademco 5803, back in the 90's, and I managed to crack one open and change the battery with some *very* careful and tedious work. The manual I found for the 212 indicated the type battery it needs.  I'd continue pursuing how to open it if I were you. Sometimes you have to ruin one to find its secret.

Just spouting off the top of my head, you might try to find a pendent/fob whose housing the MCT-212 innards can be finagled to fit into.  That would be a royal PITA, but might beat replacing the whole system.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 10:13:19 PM by ChosunOne »