Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

117 Guests, 1 User
lukejj

Author Topic: British Gas installer code needed  (Read 376 times)

Dave_tr123

• View Profile
British Gas installer code needed
« on: February 21, 2018, 05:28:35 PM »
Hi there

I have an ex British Gas intruder alarm (dsc 5501 user panel, pc5010). Im looking for the system master code (installer code) for this panel as I need to carry out a reset and remove a zone. As Iím sure you know, British Gas went over to dyno rod and then protectmyproperty.com. I believe British Gas all used the same master codes for these panels - would you be able to shed any light on it for me? I donít want to have to go through the hassle and unnecessary expense of changing the panel, if Iím lucky enough to glean this code from a knowledgeable engineer with an understanding of these panels. Incidentally, Iíve tried the DSC default of *8 5010 with no success!

Many thanks in advance

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: British Gas installer code needed
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 10:23:31 PM »
We prefer that if two members are going to trade or disclose proprietary information like a dealer's installer codes, that it not be made public.

Short of that, your only option may be to default and reprogram the panel.

If you know somebody with the MD12 modem and DLS2002 software, they can try to dial into the panel.  If there is not a DLS access code programmed, they could connect and make the zone changes for you.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

Dave_tr123

• View Profile
Re: British Gas installer code needed
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 02:57:25 AM »
Thank you for this information. I had not considered this remote dial in option so thank you for the advice. If anyone has the required equipment to try this or the BG access codes, please could you PM me - your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks