Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

121 Guests, 1 User
ChosunOne

Author Topic: Ademco 4120xm frozen?  (Read 217 times)

trainfan19

• View Profile
Ademco 4120xm frozen?
« on: February 12, 2018, 05:22:32 PM »
I have a home alarm with an Ademco 4120xm control panel and 2 key pads. The other night the keypads froze with AWAY lit up. Our code would not unlock it. We checked all the buttons to see if one was stuck but they all worked. Unplugged the unit and checked the connections at the keypads. Reconnected and was able to reprogram the master code through the keypads but then nothing! Could not disable the alarm or switch modes. Could it be the keypads are not communicating with the control panel? How do I test this? We also opened up doors to trigger the alarm while the keypads said AWAY and they didn't trigger. Could this be a bad control panel circuit board?

ChosunOne

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Ademco 4120xm frozen?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 08:40:55 PM »
Reconnected and was able to reprogram the master code through the keypads but then nothing! Could not disable the alarm or switch modes. Could it be the keypads are not communicating with the control panel? ?

I suspect that you reprogrammed the master code through *one* of the keypads? If so, then your panel and  one keypad seems to be working to some extent, not "frozen".  Also, it sounds like like it's not really armed and the keypads are lying to you.

It *could* be a bad panel, but it could also be one keypad gone south, that's fouling up the other keypad because they share the multiplex data lines.  Before you go replacing things, I would try disconnecting the keypads (power down first) and reconnect each one, one at a time to see if one works without the other.  *Always* have power off when connecting or disconnecting keypads. Are both keypads the same and do you know the model number(s)?