Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

168 Guests, 1 User
Flyct

Author Topic: Programming Wireless Door sensors ...  (Read 354 times)

RCPWisc

• Security Pro
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Programming Wireless Door sensors ...
« on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:01 PM »
Hi everyone:

I'm struggling with our NX-8v2 panel.  We're trying to learn in several wireless door sensors to an NX-148E-RF keypad.  Before I get into the struggles of what's going on, I need to program these as Zone Type 2:  24-hr audible whether armed or disarmed.  These are going to be going into several A/C enclosures to protect our copper coolant lines.  Can I do that?

The system has a zone expander.  I'm finding the same zone descriptors for the same door in two different zones.  For example, Zone 11 has a wired door sensor.  If I open the door, Zone 11 faults.  When I look at the descriptor for Zone 27, it's the same descriptor as Zone 11.  This is happening in other zones as well.  There were wireless transmitters programmed into Zones 25 and 26, so  I tried to add a door sensor to Zone 27.  The keypad ding-donged, but when I exited and the panel restarted, the wireless transmitter didn't work.  The ready light stayed on no matter where I put the contact to short the sensor.  I have no idea if the transmitter programmed correctly or not.  I tried programming again, and I get a triple beep when I enter 27*  Maybe it programmed into another zone somehow?  I have no idea.

Program 594 for zone banking is set to 0.

At this point, I have no idea what zones are wireless and what zones are wired.  I don't think the installers set this panel up very well.  I'm trying to find what zones I can use for wireless programming ...

Any help would be most appreciated.  Thank you!!

RCPWisc

• Security Pro
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Programming Wireless Door sensors ...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 10:56:12 AM »
I thought I'd post an update.  I went into the zone programming for the "doubled" zones, and discovered that the zones were all 6's, which means that they weren't in use.  I cleared the descriptors out of them to alleviate confusion.  I activated the door sensors in Locations 31 and 32 they responded!  So I think I figured it out!  Thanks for the good vibes!  :)

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Programming Wireless Door sensors ...
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 08:21:20 AM »
So, yes.  You can do this.  But you know that now.

A type 6 is simply a regular instant/perimeter zone - they're 'in use'; active when the partition is armed if they are allocated to a partition.  As you seem to have figured out, you simply go into the locations for zone type for the sensors in question and set them to 2 (or redefine the zone type)

You could have as easily (and more clearly, since there's be no numbering gap) set up the wireless zones as 17 onward, since your panel was zone doubled, implying that you have physical inputs for zones 1-16.

Zones I don't want clients messing with are usually assigned to a separate partition and then only responsible individuals have access to arm and disarm the partition, so low level employees don't just go in and disarm/deactivate the zone because for them it is considered troublesome, rather than an indicator of a problem.  If you did THAT, you could simply leave the zone type as '6' and arm the partition 24/7.

Depending on how you leave things you can either bypass the zones for service or simply turn disarm the partition - again, if you use the separate partition, you can set the partition to auto-arm so that no one forgets to re-enable the zones after the service is complete.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:47:52 PM by bramfrank »
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.