Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

162 Guests, 1 User
AlarmMike

Author Topic: Alarmforce thoughts  (Read 449 times)

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Alarmforce thoughts
« on: March 20, 2018, 07:48:36 PM »
Ok guys, I know this has been touched on in the past but not recently. I am looking for thoughts/opinions about Alarmforce in Canada.

What do you know about the equipment?
What is your opinion about Alarmforce from a business perspective?
What is your opinion about Alarmforce from a technical perspective?
What do you like?
What do you not like?

Very simply, I'm curious what those "in the biz" think of Alarmforce, what is their reputation? I have my own thoughts but I don't want to post them and taint this highly scientific survey.
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Alarmforce thoughts
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 10:09:15 PM »
They tried to recruit us as a reseller about 12 years ago - I had a look at their hardware at the time and at that point and from what I could determine from installations they provided as references, the equipment they installed had to improve greatly just to earn the title of 'trash'.

These days they push Simon and 2Gig - both reasonable in the sense of what the consumer market is buying now so they've come a long way.

But it is all about volume for them and if a customer is looking for a reliable, higher end solution, they are not the company you want to be providing your service.  On the other hand, the market trend is to provide cheaper hardware at a lower price, so the implication is that they have risen to the level of the mediocre providers out there.  I suppose that given the choice between buying a Simon from them or buying a Simon from a tiny independent there is some long term support security in choosing the larger vendor.

I also guess that if I was an apartment dweller or had a smaller home with no special needs I would consider their quotation, since it would comprise the same hardware that companies X, Y and Z were offering. 

The good news is that I don't compete in that market segment, though some of my clients seem to believe that I do.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Alarmforce thoughts
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:22:40 PM »
Hmmm. I've never worked with 2Gig but I've seen my share of Simons and the few Alarmforce systems I've seen in Canada all appear to be proprietary equipment, nothing I've ever seen before.
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.