Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

109 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: NX-8V2 + Networx - Forgot Master code, stuck in alarm state  (Read 603 times)

filchmedia

• View Profile
NX-8V2 + Networx - Forgot Master code, stuck in alarm state
« on: April 02, 2018, 04:59:09 PM »
This system was already installed when we bought our house. We started having issues after a contractor cut our phone line to the security system. Every time it rained we'd get a phone line alert. So we disconnected the keypad since we never used it anyway.

Now we're selling and I've reconnected the keypad. It's been a couple years so I couldn't remember the Master password. Before I could manage to start looking into Installer codes, etc,  I mistakenly armed the system and set it off trying to disarm. I know I may have locked myself out for good right now, but I did read somewhere about a programmer that could potentially reset this?

I called one local security company who told me the Board would have to be replaced and everything reprogrammed ($250-400). Is this my only option. Any other steps I should take?

I tried the default 9713 and every other combination I could think of for what I could have used as the passcode. I feel like a dolt and am pretty frustrated.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: NX-8V2 + Networx - Forgot Master code, stuck in alarm state
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 12:09:26 AM »
There is no wrong code lockout (though the panel can be locked to prevent reprogramming it) - likely the panel was set to quick-arm, needing no code to arm.  There is hardware you can buy that allows you to log in to the panel even without the programming or access codes, but the cost for it is as high as replacing the board.

Depending on how lucky and patient you are, you can always just try codes one after the other in sequence.  To avoid being blasted while trying codes you can disconnect one of the wires going to the siren to shut it up (the siren terminals are labelled Bell+ and -).
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

filchmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 11:43:08 AM »
Thanks for the info.

So I can just attempt 4 digit codes over and over? I don't need to reset or finish with something like # after each entry?

Also, what is the model and cost of the programming hardware? If I decide to restore this, I'd rather not go through the trouble of rewiring a new board and reprogramming everything again.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 11:55:50 AM by filchmedia »

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »
You need to wait until the wrong-code beep stops before entering the next . . . .

You do have a couple of options.  You can go and buy a programming interface (NX-586 (serial) or NX-588 (USB) and download and install a copy of the DL-900 programing software.  If you are lucky, the old alarmco did not change the download code from the default, in which case you would be able to read the programming into the software and archive it or tailor it to you short term needs.

If the code has been changed you can additionally purchase an unlocker package.  Here's a link:  http://www.nxunlocker.com/downloads 

With the package you can reset the download code to a known value, after which you can use DL-900 to read and write to the panel.  However if the panel was locked by the previous alarm company you will be stuck wit changing the board, but you can't know until you try.

filchmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 01:43:07 PM »
The thing is, when I'm entering in a code,  I don't get any wrong code beeping. I can continuously enter numbers. The keypad is beeping at me that there is an alarm, when I start entering digits, it stops beeping at me, but at no point do I get a wrong code beep.  If I pause for a few seconds, the keypad starts continuously beeping an alarm at me.

So I'm not even sure if my entries are being recognized.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 03:41:06 PM »
The restarting of the alarm beep IS the 'wrong code' beep in this case.

Enter 4 digits (assuming that the panel is configured for 4 digits, otherwise if would be 6 digits), if the beep restarts, repeat.