Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

110 Guests, 1 User
dannyb

Author Topic: What is DSC PK5500ENG /PK5500ENG ADT/ PK5500ENG Prempro Keypad Differences?  (Read 386 times)

andern101

• View Profile
I am looking to install one of these panels into my system and was wondering if there were any difference or problems that may arise. I just replaced one of my old panels with a PK5500 and it looks great that i want to replace the other. I believe i have a PC5010 that used to have the 832 panels. I see some good prices on the ADT models and the Prempro models and was wondering if there was any thing i would need to worry about. I have searched the forum and from what i read it looks like the ADT panels would be fine just might have some issues with installer code, any one knows if this is the case with the prempro one. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 12:34:08 AM by andern101 »

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
If you're talking about replacing the keypads only, then using a "branded" keypad will work just fine.  90% of your programming resides in the control panel in the closet.  Only real issues are that the PK series keypads are designed for the PC1616/1832/1864 panels.  While they will "work", you may have issues broadcasting labels across keypads.  You're purchasing used equipment that most likely has no warranty.  The correct keypad version for the PC5010 is the LCD5500.  Buying used equipment is a crap shoot.  YMMV.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

andern101

• View Profile
Thanks I am not looking for something to fully work I just want to arm and disarm at night. I installed one and it works for my purpose. So I should be fine. If I need to upgrade to a new PC1616/1832/1864 panels I will do so at a later date. Thanks