Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

147 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: PC1832 - No door chime for one zone?  (Read 62 times)

FamSecure

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
PC1832 - No door chime for one zone?
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:41:32 PM »
Hi ShieldLab Forum readers,

I'm stumped by this one. I have a PC1832 set up with two PC5108 zone expanders, a PK5500, a PK5508, and an Envisalink EVL-4. I have recently finished adding the zone expanders and moving the existing contact circuits to smaller zones. Everything is working fine, except one thing. One of my zones, which only has one contact on it, won't ring the door chime. I have checked that the contact works, and the zone (19) registers the open and close, and that's all fine, and the Envisalink shows the activity as well. All the other zones chime normally. I checked in the zone options under section 119, and it is the same as my other zones (1234-6--). I checked in the keypad chime definition for the zone (keypad section 219) and it shows option 1---, same as my other zones. Still, no joy. I initially programmed the zone definition as a delay 2 (02) but moved that to a delay 1 (01), but that had no effect either. Any suggestions about where to look?

Thanks!

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: PC1832 - No door chime for one zone?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 06:10:39 AM »
With the contact closed, remove the wire from the zone terminal and see if it chimes.  If it does, then either there is a short in the wire run, or the contact is fused or compressed in the closed state.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011