Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

143 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Service Light, How To Clear Comm Failure After 590 Board disconnected  (Read 129 times)

N1KMP

• View Profile
I, once again, tried to get the email function working on the 590 board.  During the process, it would cause comm faults.  I didn't succeed at implementing the email function and at the end of the day, I unplugged and unpowered the 590 hoping it would no longer cause faults. 

That didn't work.  The keypad shows a SERVICE light and it indicates Comm Fault.  I've removed power (battery and line) but the SERVICE light persists.  The monitoring company is also getting the messages.

How do you clear this SERVICE light?  Is it because the module was enrolled and is now not present?  If so, how do I un-enroll it?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:
The service guy called and here is how to clear the service light ... at least per my problem. 

*8 Programmer_Code   ...Where Programmer_Code is the code used to program the system
press EXIT key

This puts it into programming mode and causes a rescan of the network and reset the SERVICE light.  It takes a few seconds to clear.

REQUEST:  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyone have a file to share from a working 590?  Strip the private info and send my way.  It bugs me to no end that I cannot get it to work.  See my other posts as to what I've tried.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:37:11 AM by N1KMP »

Moniiquey

• View Profile
Re: Service Light, How To Clear Comm Failure After 590 Board disconnected
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 05:44:36 AM »
The interesting thing is that I joined this forum because of the amount of space I needed and I wanted to know where to look.