Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

100 Guests, 1 User
ViejoLoco

Author Topic: Honeywell L7000 Locked Out and Backdoor doesn't wrok.  (Read 386 times)

Rick Gast

• View Profile
Honeywell L7000 Locked Out and Backdoor doesn't wrok.
« on: June 19, 2018, 12:57:22 PM »
I have encountered what appears to be a somewhat unique situation with a Lynx Touch L7000 Control Panel.   
One point of note is that I have no idea who formerly monitored the panel, and do not have the ability to obtain that information.
The panel was locked-out of local programming by the former installer or monitoring company.
Multitudinous attempts to perform the "backdoor" procedure have failed.  When I press Clear and 00 at the end of the sequence,
I get no reaction from the panel, other than a timeout to the Home Menu (the screen with "Arm Stay" for example).

What I need is a course of action to correct this dilemma. I have already contacted the two major DIY support companies online,
and their techs have indicated that my panel is now an expensive "boat anchor" (please excuse my attempt at humor).

I am willing to ship the panel to someone who can overcome this problem, but prefer instructions as to how this can be undone.
The panel shows there is no corruption when it is booted-up, and otherwise works perfectly well. 
But it will not be possible to register my sensors or sign-up for monitoring unless this is fixed.

I refuse to give up on the device since it is quite fully functional.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.  Please do not post unless your message contains a solution.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:46:58 PM by Rick Gast »

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Honeywell L7000 Locked Out and Backdoor doesn't wrok.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2018, 09:07:01 PM »
Buy a new  L7000 on eBay for $169 and move on.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:24:07 PM »
Unfortunately, there is no way around this.  If you truly refuse to give up, you can try entering installer codes starting at 0000 and ending at 9999.  This will only work if the panel powers up disarmed.  Eventually, you'll get in.  You can then change the installer code.  But, unless you default the panel and reprogram it, the lockout (and possibly the downloader access code) will still be set.  Those can only be undone by a default or by Compass.  Your panel, as is, cannot be accessed by Compass software unless you know the account number, and the downloader access code, if they used one.

Welcome to "dirty tricks played by unethical alarm companies".  I have never, ever locked out a customer's panel. 
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

Rick Gast

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 09:38:57 AM »
Magnum,

Thanks for your advice. It is appreciated.  Better than the snarky response from the other fellow.
A real shame to see an expensive piece of equipment rendered useless by an unethical company. 

I already have hacked-out the installer code and changed the master code to 1234,
but since the backdoor has been blocked, I cannot reset the communications parameters,
or reprogram anything the installer would normally have access to.

Cheers!

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:41:32 PM »
Rick,

I’m “the other fellow”. I apologize if my remark was thought to be snarky I assure you it was not meant to be.

I just wanted to let you know that you could eliminate the frustration of trying to bring your locked panel back to life for $169.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2018, 04:40:44 PM »
Rick,

I admire your patience and persistence.  I have panels I've wanted to unlock and have calculated how long it would take to get in, if I try every code from 0000 to 9999 assuming it takes (x) amount of seconds for each try.  Eventually, said panels were parted with.  The common practice across the alarm industry is to just replace alarm panels and boards when a subscriber wants to switch to another company.  Quite wasteful in my book.  I set installer codes but I have never locked out the back door.  Contractual obligations prevent a subscriber from going into programming and making changes, and event logs are proof, if it's ever needed.  So if someone wants to take their chance, have at it.  I will say that I've run across panels installed by companies that I worked for and even they didn't know what the code was, because it was installed 13 years ago by someone who hasn't been there in 10 years, etc.  I always leave the back door open.

So you're in programming?  you should be able to change the communication settings.  That likely has an Alarmnet GSM communicator like a CDMA-L57.  That you won't be able to do anything with.  That will have to be handled by a central station.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.