Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

44 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Disarm only with Keyswitch  (Read 185 times)

riggz

• View Profile
Disarm only with Keyswitch
« on: July 04, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »
Hello, first post here.

I have a customer with an existing Interlogix NX-6V2 panel and a TruPortal access control system. I am trying to find a way to integrate the access control system with the security so that when the system is armed and a user with a valid credential scans their key fob it will disarm the security panel. I can configure the access control system's outputs for constant on/off or pulse on/off.

My thoughts were to use the access control system's output to pulse 1 second upon access granted and send this to the security panel on a zone configured for keyswitch. My concern is that it appears it will disarm upon the first swipe, but then arm upon the next swipe. I see in the NX-6V2 manual that you can change a zone type's characteristics for keyswitch (normally open) in Segment 1. In Segment 4, option 4 enables the zone to act as access entry point. (Do not enable this segment unless configured with access control.) I'm not sure if this is what would need to use or not.

Is anyone familiar with how to do this?

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Disarm only with Keyswitch
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 05:09:59 AM »
Since there is no way to set a user's authority to 'disarm only' what you'd need to do is to connect the access system to pulse the keyswitch zone as you've described and have the zone input shunted by an aux output on the alarm control when it is disarmed - so if would not arm if disarmed, but WOULD disarm if armed.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

riggz

• View Profile
Re: Disarm only with Keyswitch
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2018, 09:30:20 PM »
Thanks.

I used an Altronix RBSN-TTL relay.

Wired the NX-6V2's Output 1 (programmed to follow the Armed State) to the relay trigger.
Wired the TruPortal's Input 1 to the relay's NO & C.
Wired the TruPortal's Output 1 to the NX-6V2's Zone 6 and set it to a Key switch zone.

In the TruPortal's Action/Trigger menu I set up an action to pulse the TruPortal's Output 1 (closes the internal relay) ONLY if Input 1 is Active and an Access Granted event is logged from a reader.

This disarms the NX-6V2 only if it is in the armed state.