Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

129 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Replacing Alexor redux  (Read 247 times)

su_A_ve

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Replacing Alexor redux
« on: July 06, 2018, 04:44:55 PM »
I have an Alexor with the following:

1x Door Sensor      Plunger-D (iON brand)
3x Window Sensor   EV-DW4975
1x Motion Sensor   WS4904P
1x Keypad         WT5500
2x Smoke Sensor   WS4916
1x Keyfob         WT4989
1x Cellular         3G4000
1x Transformer      PTD1620U-CC

13 months ago I started having problems with the keypad responding very slowly (1-2 seconds). After chaning batteries and rebooting the system, problem persisted, but fixed itself a few days later. Today, it started again. The keypad itself beeps immediatiely when pressing a button, but commands take a couple of seconds in come back.

I'd like to keep these sensors and replace it with a system that I can arm/disarm with HomeKit ideally, or Google or Alexa otherwise, while maintaining central monitoring. Is power series still the way to go? What exactly would I need?

TIA.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing Alexor redux
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 09:35:30 PM »
Either an Impassa, or a PC1832 with a TR5164 would do the trick.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

su_A_ve

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »
So, after a few days, it started working again, only to go bad again. Wonder if the keypad is a problem or there is some type of interference. Slow response on and off, and then two zones showing trouble or open.

All sensors except a smoke are in the first floor, but the panel is on the second floor. This was because of low cell signal on the first floor. Been working good for about 8 years now, but in the last few, I've been adding smart devices.

Just powered it down and unplugged battery for about 20 minutes. Turned it back on with the keypad 5 ft away. Everything is good, no faults. Moved the keypad downstairs again, and did a walk test and everything responds right away.

Since I want to go smart, either replace the panel and see if the problems continue, and if so, replace the keypad. Would probably do a power series as I don't like the Impassa. Or look at something else like Ring's option since I'm looking at adding a door bell anyway. Except their sensors are fugly and big. I currently have the vanishing and plunger.

su_A_ve

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 09:19:14 PM »
Either an Impassa, or a PC1832 with a TR5164 would do the trick.

So I only would need PC1832NK and TR5164-433 ?  Only about $150 for both it seems not bad...  What would I need to add smart capabilities?