Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

134 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Home Security Implementation  (Read 170 times)

petro49er

• View Profile
Home Security Implementation
« on: August 24, 2018, 01:42:44 PM »
Hi folks,

Last weekend we had an incident where some large rocks were thrown through my young children's windows.  While we live in a very nice neighborhood, these kinds of things can happen anywhere.  We currently don't have any security implementations in place, so we would like to address this.  New windows are going in, but I want something that won't shatter all over them if something like this happens again.  As far as security, we want to install an alarm system as well as cameras that will cover our property.  Our home is 4,000 sq/ft, most of which is on one level, but have a basement that has 2 windows.  I know our requirements are kind of vague, but any suggestions would be helpful as we are new to this. 

Thank you.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Home Security Implementation
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 03:13:49 AM »
As for your windows, you can purchase laminate sheeting that prevents the glass from completely shattering.  Different grades of it with the potential of stopping bullets even.  There are contractors who install it as well professionally.

And yes, for security and video protection, it is a bit vague.  4000 square feet is very large and would probably require a higher end system such as used in industrial.  You'll be better off hardwired.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

Flyct

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Home Security Implementation
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 09:02:52 PM »
We installed Hurricane Impact Windows and Hurricane Impact sliding glass doors by PGT.
https://pgtwindows.com/