Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

129 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: opening garage door via keypad code  (Read 164 times)

mossback

• View Profile
opening garage door via keypad code
« on: September 08, 2018, 04:50:15 PM »
We have a older Vista 20P system in our house. It has a 4202 relay module installed. One of the relay contacts is already wired up to our garage door opener and is currently activated via two wireless 5804 key fobs. It all works well. On our home keypads (6160 alpha types) we already have functions assigned to each of the four function keys. If I wanted to control the garage door via the keypad, is it:

1) possible to do so?

2) if yes, could I create a special code (different than the master code) that would only function to open/close the door?

3) or, if I must use the master code, is it possible to program some simple sequence like [MASTER CODE] + xxx to activate the relay?

I have the installer code and some experience with programming the panel. I also have a programming manual. I have looked through it haven't found anything that seems applicable to this.

Thanks for your time.

mossback

• View Profile
Re: opening garage door via keypad code
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 03:34:57 AM »
After going thru the installation and setup guide a bit more I found the code + # + 7 + NN sequence and that works perfectly. As a layperson, these manuals aren't the easiest things to understand...

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 04:29:41 PM »
Just wanted to throw this out there for anyone else who searches and happens to land here.

The 6150RF keypads have a set of relay contacts designed for garage door openers.  They're not programmed via panel programming, they're used when you enroll 4-button fobs directly into the 6150RF keypad.  You can program any of the 4 buttons to trip the relay.  Parallel the relay with your opener button in the garage.

The only caveat is this can't be accessed via panel programming, so you can't tell the panel to activate this relay from other keypads or functions, it's local to the 6150RF keypad only.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

dranck01

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2018, 12:06:06 AM »
This is true.  Code # 7 NN doors indeed work.  But you'll need to follow with code # 8 NN to de activate the relay, otherwise the opener will be "locked".