Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

130 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: adding another keypad and wiring some motion detection  (Read 361 times)

apetrov1x5

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
adding another keypad and wiring some motion detection
« on: October 09, 2018, 06:16:35 AM »
DSC PC1616H - adding another keypad and wiring some motion detection

Good day to all good ladies and gentlemen here.

My first post here, but i have read about 9 threads before decided to post.

I have a DSC PC1616H with RFK-5501-433 keypad and 12 wireless motion sensors connected to the keypad.

At some point I have noticed that I am losing connection with sensor 11 and 12 and their batteries is running out all the time (i have changed them 4 times in 3 years, while other sensors run on original batteries so far). The yellow/amber error light would come up on the RFK-5501-433 keypad, I would press *2, digit 5 would be displayed, i would press 5 and either 11 or 12 would be displayed flashing.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:18:15 AM by apetrov1x5 »

apetrov1x5

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: adding another keypad and wiring some motion detection
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 06:19:00 AM »
In the first year of my use of the system, I would have this too, but I moved sensors 11 and 12 closer to the RFK-5501-433 keypad (about 1 meter closer). I must add, that sensor 11 and 12 are in an underground garage with thick reinforced concrete beams and slabs.

So i decided to replace the sensors 11 and 12 with some wired ones. At the same time, this being an underground garage, when I arrive home, I must stop in front of the gate, open the house and disarm the alarm on the RFK-5501-433 keypad, then go back into the car and operate the garage opener (otherwise I will trigger the sensors 11 and 12 which are in the garage - ask me how I know).

Since i will be doing a mess with drilling and laying wires for sensors 11 and 12, I fought I might as well wire an additional keypad in the garage, right? So in that case, I would open the garage, drive in, disarm the alarm from the keypad in the garage, correct?

Now, I am not a professional engineer so I would like to know if this is doable? Or maybe I am wrong entirely and I should have an entire different way of solving the initial problem?

apetrov1x5

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
Re: adding another keypad and wiring some motion detection
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 06:19:28 AM »
Sorry for a long post, but I really wanted to explain everything first before I go buy something expensive, but useless.

P.S. I also bought a Hikvision camera which has connectors for an alarm integration, but I will do first one task and then see if I can add the camera too.