Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

125 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Help, Lyric: How to eliminate entry delay in night mode  (Read 78 times)

metricus

• View Profile
Help, Lyric: How to eliminate entry delay in night mode
« on: October 09, 2018, 08:26:53 AM »
Honeywell seems to favor a default setting that blows my mind.

When armed in stay or night mode their systems automatically allow an entry delay identical to the one in Away mode.

I don't understand this reasoning. So if a burglar enters through my front door while I'm sleeping the system does not alarm but gives him time to mess around?. Whyyyy?

Is there a workaround to this default setting for Lyric controllers? In my old Vista I was arming in Max mode and had eliminated the exit beeping. In Lyric one cannot eliminate the exit beeping and arming all sensors is a pain.

I could make the front door to be perimeter type response but then I have no entry delay in Away mode.

Any suggestions?

dranck01

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Help, Lyric: How to eliminate entry delay in night mode
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 11:41:34 PM »
I am not familiar with but with the other Honeywell systems there is a way to arm the system in the instant mode or the maximum mode. The instant mode is configured using but number seven, while the maximum mode is configured using button number for. The maximum load is similar to away, meaning your motion detectors are active. The instant mode is similar to stay meeting your motion detectors are not active. In using both of these modes, you are eliminating the entry delay.