Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

106 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: How do I program the call out number on my alarm system?  (Read 383 times)

Chicken Farmer

• View Profile
How do I program the call out number on my alarm system?
« on: December 10, 2018, 12:03:40 AM »
Hello All, I am new to this and trying figure out how to program the call out phone number into my security system for local use only. The system that I have is NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. I tried reading the control panel installation instructions but I don’t understand it much. I tried calling the manufacturer for support but they doesn’t offer support to homeowner, only to security company. I live in a small town and getting professional help is hard. My current system is the same kind NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. It decided not to work on me one day when the alarm tripped, the keypad rapid beeping came on but no call to my land line phone or my cell phone. Before, it would call my land line then my cell phone, that is how it was set up. So I decided to buy the same system to replace it and could not figure out how to set call out number. My purpose for this system are whenever any of the 8 zone trip, it would first call my home phone then call my cell phone. The link to the manual is : https://static.interlogix.com/library/I-NX6V2-IM Rev C Installation Manual.pdf. In page 17 where it shows “Location 0 - Phone 1”. I am thinking that is where the call out phone number would be program but I tried with no success. Maybe I am doing something wrong when putting in the number. I also tried to find similar thread on here but couldn’t find one. Maybe someone could point me to the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciate.Thanks

Chicken Farmer

• View Profile
Re: How do I program the call out number on my alarm system?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 10:47:53 AM »
Hello All, I got some update with the new keypad and board that I installed. I went into keypad programming by pressing:
Enter program: 1. press * + 8
2. press 9713 (default)
3. press 0 + #

Move to location:
1. press: 0 + #
2. press: 15 * (for tone dialing) +  9 * + 3 * + 6 * etc ( End Phone Number with 14 *)
3. press: # to exit location

Exit Program:
1. press: # to exit any program location
2. press: EXIT KEY twice (note: panel beep for 1 second)

I tried testing the alarm by first arming it using default code 1234 and it armed the system.
Next: I manually tripped alarm and keypad show alarm trip ( keypad makes constant beeping). I waited for the system to call the phone but did not get any call. What am I doing wrong? Could someone help me please? I notice that the keypad service light is still ON and could not find a way to exit service mode. Could that be the problem why it would not make call? I tried pressing EXIT several time but would not exit service mode. I will post picture of keypad. Thanks All

Chicken Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2018, 11:01:55 AM »
This is the picture of the keypad with service light ON. Thanks

TN DIY

• Security Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2018, 02:52:46 PM »
It's probably in communication fail due to your home phone and cell phone don't give an acknowledgement tone to kiss off. Do a *2 and see what zones show up.

Chicken Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
TN DIY, thanks for your help. When I pressed *2, no zone light lid up but the service light started to blink. Before the service light was solid lid. Also I just found out that I did not program location 1 and 2. Location 1 is phone 1 account code (right now it is at default setting). Do I need to program location 1? Location 2 is phone 1 communication format (right now it is at default setting of "0"). I think that is where I screwed up not giving it an communication format. This are the format in the manual, which one should I use for my application? I am just trying to get the system to call my house phone and my cell phone. Thanks ALL

TN DIY

• Security Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 10:07:13 PM »
I'm not sure if you can do that as your house phone and cell phone are not capable of giving an acknowledge tone regardless of what format you use. The panel needs to get an acknowledgement tone to sent the alarm data.

Chicken Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2018, 10:59:55 AM »
TN DIY, the alarm system has its own dedicated phone number. In the past, it would call my house phone when the alarm were tripped and it would read out the phone number. I tried programming location 2 to to value 4 for pager format but still did not work. When the alarm tripped, I could hear the control board relay make clicking noise but no call are made. Don't know if I am still missing something. Thanks

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2019, 09:04:17 AM »
What terminals is your phone line connected to?  The line should be wired to T and R - connecting a phone to those terminals should give you a dial tone.

Three possible reasons for not dialing out are

1. Your line isn't actually connected to the panel (connect a phone to the T & R terminals to see if you have a dial tone)
2. You have the line connected  to T1 and R1 (you would exchange the T & R connections with the T1 & R1 connections to resolve this)
3. Your panel has a problem.  You wrote that the relay clicks, so the panel may be TRYING to call, but is something's wrong it won't get through.

Good luck

Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.