Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

115 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: DSC Power 832 problem after reset  (Read 176 times)

Ha Tuc Dao

• View Profile
DSC Power 832 problem after reset
« on: December 29, 2018, 02:05:24 AM »
Hi all members,

I bought a house with a DSC Power 832 system installed. The system including a LCD panel, one main PC5010 and two PC5108 expansion boards. There is no diagram or programming code sheet. Following are what I found and did:
1- Battery low => I replaced new battery
2- Replace one sensor (magnetic) at the garage door
3- One sensor at front door didn't work. No reason! But system still working, except that door
4- Because I got only one user code, I wanted to reset the system to get the installer code as well as the master code. So I reset system by short circuit Z1 and PM1 as read in this forum (step by step disconnect then connect AC and battery as explained)
5- After reset, system restore to factory default of installer code 5010 and master code 1234. As a matter of fact, I need to adjust Time & Date. But from here, on LCD panel display from zone 1 to zone 8 OPEN, even no door/windows open, and the whole system have some how around 20 zones

I don't know where to continue, so if anyone had knowledge & experience of this problem, please have me, or give me your opinions. An opinions will be welcomed!!

Thanks in advance

Ha Tuc Dao

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: DSC Power 832 problem after reset
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 06:18:55 AM »
If you shorted Z1 to PGM1 and powered the panel up, you defaulted the entire system, meaning now you will have to reprogram everything, including your zones.

A lot of times on DSCs, a panel that's just powered up will show open on zones until you fault and restore (open and close, walk past a motion, etc) each zone.  If that doesn't do it, try turning on the normally closed option, I think section 013-1
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 01:14:01 PM »
I hope you tested for Installer Lockout prior to defaulting.  Are you able to get into programming?  i.e. * 8 5010?
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

Ha Tuc Dao

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 02:16:46 PM »
@Magnum Alert: Thanks, I will try your suggestion. But why now it show up only 8 zones, while my whole system should be more then 20 zones (with 2 expansion)?

@AlarmMike: Of course I tried Installer Code as well as Master Code, but they were changed, and I could only access them (by default code) after reset, as I mentioned in my post

Ha Tuc Dao

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 04:32:27 PM »
You'll need to program the system and perform a module search (902 / 903) to see all of your zones and modules.

Search for a DSC PC5010 programming manual / worksheet, it is all over the internet.

Read over the programming until you have a good understanding before you start programming.  Otherwise you will most likely have to default it again.
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

Magnum Alert

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2018, 09:33:53 PM »
The system defaults to only 8 zones.  Anything beyond that will need to be custom programmed.  You'll need to know what the zones were before the system was defaulted.  The keypad(s) would not have defaulted, so they should still have the descriptions in them.  If your zones were wireless transmitters, the receiver would still have the serial numbers in it, too.

Make sure you get the correct manual for the version of your panel.  There are a few versions of the 5010, and the manuals and programming are slightly different.

Ha Tuc Dao

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2018, 10:33:01 PM »
@AlarmMike & Magnum Alert: Thank you so much. Now I get clearer picture of this system. And I really think that I should deep diving in its manual for initial programming.
Unfortunately, I have to go for a biz trip from tomorrow and could only be back after few months. Hope at that time I still get your supports as usual!

Thanks

Magnum Alert

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2018, 11:42:06 PM »
We'll still be here!  Most of us have been on here for years.