Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

102 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: remote programming a DSC PC1832 system  (Read 138 times)

DSC User

• View Profile
remote programming a DSC PC1832 system
« on: January 07, 2019, 08:45:23 PM »
I have a DSC PC1832 system installed at an unmanned remote location.  I initially programmed it using the DSC DLS programming software using a direct connection from a laptop.  This works well however it is impractical to visit the site each time a minor change is required.  I also have an EnvisaLink EVL4 internet card installed but it cannot be used to program the PC1832.  I would hope the system could be remotely programmed via a dial-up modem connection (even though archaic) but I can't find any documentation on this.  There must be a way to remotely program the unit.  Does anyone have an insight into this?

AlarmMike

• Administrator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: remote programming a DSC PC1832 system
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 01:50:04 AM »
Options:
MD-12 serial modem
3G2060R HSPA communicator
T-Link internet communicator
1993-1995   Worked for one of the "nationals"  /  1996-Present   Independent dealer
Systems supported:   DSC, Ademco/Honeywell, ITI/GE/Interlogix
-----------------------------
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you are the world.
- Kidney transplant recipient 04/27/2011

rct

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 04:49:20 PM »
Wouldn't the 3g2060R require a Connect 24 (C24) account?

DLS wants a Connect 24 username/password to connect via that device.  There doesn't seem to be a way to connect directly to it via IP.

The TL260 *looks* like you should be able to connect to it directly via TCP/IP connection.  You supply the IP address to DLS. You'd need some way (VPN or portforwarding) of connecting to the TL260 at the remote site.

A non-DSC option is that there is supposed to be a "CG" version of the Envisalink which *can* be used for DLS.  It's different that the regular EVL-4EZR that they generally sell for DIY/end-users.

DSC User

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 08:12:18 PM »
thanks AlarmMike.  The T-link sounds like it's what I am looking for.  It costs about the same as the basic system however.  Nonetheless, can a lowly "consumer" purchase the T-link 250 card and program it?  Does it require any special software?