Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

82 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Wireless Zones > 32 ??  (Read 220 times)

isuee94

• View Profile
Wireless Zones > 32 ??
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:20:18 AM »
So, I've just about got my DSC 1864 system up and running, but I've found that a couple of my wired door contacts are not working.  It seems that during the building process the wires were damaged as I am unable to get the zone to close if I short the wires at the contact end. I've also rung out the wires to eliminate a programming issue.

I crawled into the attic to see if I could pull a new wire and no dice.

I'm thinking I'll need to convert these zones to wireless and use a wireless contact.  I've already got the system setup with zone expanders and I'm using zones 1-32 as wired.  If I want to add a couple of wireless zones starting at 33, am I correct that my only option would be to use the TR5164 since it supports zones 1-64?  It looks like the RF5132 only supports 1-32 so I'd have to move at least 8 of my wired zones to a different range.  Correct?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 09:44:35 AM by isuee94 »

rct

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless Zones > 32 ??
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 06:13:33 PM »
I believe you have two options: the TR5164 which you mentioned (my system has this) or the RFK5564 keypad can also handle 64 zones.

• The RFK55xx keypad is a receiver only.
  • The TR5164 is a transceiver so it supports wireless keypads and the two way keyfobs.  I don't remember there being any other 2-way devices for the power series that were useful.

To me, the TR5164 seems like it could be marginally more useful. 

(I have it because I've got a WT5500 wireless keypad because it was too hard to make the wire run.  The WT5500 has turned out to be helpful when I need to do DLS, etc. I just take the keypad off the wall and bring it to the panel and laptop.)

Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 06:31:15 PM by rct »

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: Wireless Zones > 32 ??
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 07:27:31 PM »
I've seen 1864 systems with 32-zone receivers, where the wireless transmitters were enrolled to zones 1-32 and hardwired expanders were set to use zones above 33.  It's not something I would do because it took me a while to figure out exactly why the installer did this... but it may be an option.  Just make sure the wireless attribute is correct
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.