Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

91 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Honeywell Tuxedo Touch - WIFI  (Read 209 times)

Willyv235536

• View Profile
Honeywell Tuxedo Touch - WIFI
« on: January 13, 2019, 02:33:06 PM »
Hello,
New to this sight but need some assistance. I have a Honeywell 21P panel with a 6160 control panel, 2 tuxedo touch wifi and 2 6160RF receivers. The system worked flawlessly for several years. A few months ago I purchased a new home and decided to take my system with me. Just this weekend I was putting it all back together and both my tuxedo touch pads are in a endless boot loop. I have not done any kind of firmware upgrade so the system is as it was when I took it offline several moths ago. The only thing different is that the panel battery is kaput I think as it has been plugged in with the panel over 40 hours and I still have a low battery warning message on my panel.

Could this be why my tuxedo touch pads are in boot loop? dead system battery?

Both my 6160 and my 6160RF's work as they should. I am also able to control the system through the 6160 and the 6160 RF's and mobile device.

Thansk 

TN DIY

• Security Master
    • View Profile
Re: Honeywell Tuxedo Touch - WIFI
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »
What is the voltage of the battery under load? If the panel is over 4 years old it probably needs to be replaced. What is the current draw on your dc?

Willyv235536

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 11:29:22 AM »
I just purchased a new battery and yes it was around 4 years old.. However the Tuxedo Touch panel remains the same. Since this is a re-install in a new home, perhaps the wiring I ran up the wall got fudged somehow. I am going to connect a short run directly to the panel and see if I get the same issue.... Otherwise I am at a lost why both panels do the same thing which makes me wonder if it's even the Tux unit themselves...

Willyv235536

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »
I just purchased a new battery and yes it was around 4 years old.. However the Tuxedo Touch panel remains the same. Since this is a re-install in a new home, perhaps the wiring I ran up the wall got fudged somehow. I am going to connect a short run directly to the panel and see if I get the same issue.... Otherwise I am at a lost why both panels do the same thing which makes me wonder if it's even the Tux unit themselves...

Well call off the dogs.. I made a rookie mistake. It seems I had the wrong transformer wired up. It actually goes to my 5800RP wireless repeater. They look similar but no excuse I should have seen that.. System is working as it should now.