Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

128 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Used Ebay Nx-6, no codes - locked?  (Read 157 times)

kevinkay

• View Profile
Used Ebay Nx-6, no codes - locked?
« on: January 24, 2019, 08:23:17 AM »
no codes
I have NX590E and can connect to the board via Dl900, BUT can't read or write to "module 0", gives error reading module 0 and tells me to reenroll devices, (I am assuming that "0" is the circuit board)?    So the panel must be download locked?    9713 or 971300 does not work.
Any tricks to default this panel?  I don't have NX586e

The rest of the story......
I have a NX-6 board monitoring my home,  I have doubled the zones.  It randomly alarms on zone 10.
Its NOT the wiring, resistors or contacts - have switched all, and have concluded its a problem with the circuit board with always zone 10.  Bought this replacement board (only paid $10) to replace mine.  Not sure if I am up to the task but would it be an option to switch the main "chip" on the board where the locked info is stored?   At this point both panels are useless to me but not so skilled on de-soldering.

THANKS!
Kevin

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Used Ebay Nx-6, no codes - locked?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2019, 06:38:01 PM »
First of all, if you can't write to module zero (that is the panel's circuit board) you likely aren't properly connected to the data buss.

As to the bad zone - swap out the wiring for zone 10 with that of another high order zone and see if the problem follows the wiring, or stays with the zone.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

kevinkay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 06:25:58 AM »
thanks for the reply.
Dl900 says "its connected" and It will let me look at the "keypad status" so I think I am really connected? 

My old panel - YES, I have moved wiring and all new resistors and the problem does not follow.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 08:28:20 PM »
Is the panel locked?
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.