Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

127 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: moose z1100 programming  (Read 136 times)

olddiy

• View Profile
moose z1100 programming
« on: February 08, 2019, 11:18:44 PM »
how do I open the blue diaper pin switch for reprogramming to the factory default.  I have the instruction and codes to use.  Just don't want to break the switch.

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: moose z1100 programming
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 04:46:09 AM »
I use a small screwdriver.  The switch should be normally open, and only closed when you're programming.

Why are you trying to default the panel?   What exactly do you need to do?  Programming for a DIYer can be a little learning curve.

Is it a plain old Z1100, a Z1100 System 2, or a Z1100e?  They are all different
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 04:48:29 AM by Magnum Alert »
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

bramfrank

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 08:32:27 AM »
'open the switch'?

On an 1100e all you do is press the button.  I never played with any of the older variants - we were installing other brands of hardware before '87.
Able1 is a twit.  Correction, Twit is too mild a term.

olddiy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2019, 08:32:08 AM »
The system is a Z1100 I. It doesn't have a button just the blue pin with a wire loop. i was trying to put a temporary code in pac 4.  It took the master code twice but the code was not set.  the third time it would not accept the master code.  when i enter the master code i don't get the 4 beeps to start programming.  the install manual instruction is to power down then open the switch and power back up to return to the default setting which is suppose to reset the master code.

Magnum Alert

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 06:29:59 PM »
On the System I, there's that blue locking pin.  If memory recalls, you lock the pin down, then press 9, then the installer code, I think it beeps a few times, then press 0.  that takes you to section 000 and you can only step forward in programming.  In lieu of pressing 0, you can press 1-4 to set codes, etc.  It's been a minute since I worked on one.

The Z1100e is much different.  To bypass the installer code, you power it down with the switch, push in and hold the button, and power up.  It programs like the other Z900/Z950/Z800 panels where you can jump around in programming.  The System I is kind of primitive in comparison.  Even for me, who is proficient on most all older Moose systems, the System 1s are a learning curve.

I'll give a look at the manual.  Reprogramming the zones, etc isn't something you really want to undertake.

Magnum Alert

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 06:47:35 PM »
Ok, so in place of defaulting the panel, I know there is a way to just reprogram the codes.

To get started, power the panel down with that switch inside the panel.  Lock the pin down, and power the board back up.  I'm not sure if it'll make the 4 beeps or not, but I do think I remember it powers up with the keypad blank.  Now it should act as if you entered 9-program code at the keypad.

From here, you should be able to enter a new programming code by pressing 5, configuration digit 9, then a new 5-digit code.  Factory default is 98765.  Once it's done, I'm pretty sure it kicks you out.  Power it back down, unlock the pin, then power it back up.  Hopefully, now you can do 9-new program code to get into user programming again, and program new codes by entering 1-4, configuration digit, and the new code.

Do you have a Z1100 system I manual?  There are examples on page 11

olddiy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 02:27:11 PM »
Yes. I do have the manual.  I just wasn't clear on locking the pin.  Thanks for the info.