Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

43 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: question about Vista 20p zone expansion  (Read 445 times)

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: question about Vista 20p zone expansion
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2019, 08:00:22 PM »
According to the 5834-4 manual, the bottom two buttons (loop 1 and 4) can be assigned to a zone for panic.  It's loop 2 of serial number 2, which is one digit higher than the number printed on the fob, and holding both buttons down for a second sends the loop.

Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.

aznative

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 03:45:32 PM »
I added an ademco 4229 relay/expansin module.  I originally set the addressed to 7.  I wire up relay one for access control and it worked fine.  Now comes the fun part. I get a "FAULT 107 CHECK WIRE EXPANSION".  I saw where a tech said to try address 8.  I now get both a fault for 107 and 108.  I cut the power.   I then removed the four wires feeding the expansion module and made sure there were no shorts at the vista 20 panel. Twice I put in a user code and hit the 1 (off) button.  I did it twice again using the Master Code.  At some point I did get rid of the "Fault 108 CHECK WIRE EXPANSION".  BTW: I also tried setting dip switch 7 to OFF (EOL protected mode).  Also,going into programming mode  all 8 zones are disabled and are RF zones.  I do  have all of them jumpered out because dip switch 7 was originally and currently set to ON (normally closed loop).  How do I get rid of this error code???

Thank You
« Last Edit: Today at 09:44:37 PM by aznative »

aznative

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Today at 05:20:37 PM »
Something else I would like to add is that when I installed the 4229 board, I didn't use the plastic case the board comes in due to lack of room.  I used two screw holes with #6 screws along the top not tightened down too much and double back tape on the bottom.  Can double back tape cause issues? 

aznative

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: Today at 05:52:16 PM »
I found this on this forum:

http://www.shieldlab.com/forum/index.php?topic=9892.0

I check the voltages and all of them matched the voltages in this link.  I also check with the four wires with an Ohm meter between the main panel and the expansion module.  Bad expansion module?  But why is the error code continuing even when the expansion module is disconnected?????       How do I clear it???

aznative

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Today at 06:57:30 PM »
I took everything off the data buss and and removed the 4229 power.  I did leave one 6160rf, and it still gives the trouble code!!  I hope I don't have to *97 this panel and start over.

Please help
THank you
« Last Edit: Today at 09:43:32 PM by aznative »