Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

43 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: Z1100 - Alarm problems after power outage  (Read 132 times)

WPBrown

• View Profile
Z1100 - Alarm problems after power outage
« on: February 16, 2019, 08:54:58 PM »

Had a power outage that lasted for several hours while we were home and the alarm was not set.  While the power was still off, the control station started its high pitch continuous buzz.  To finally stop it from buzzing, at 12:30 AM, I unplugged the positive line to the battery connection.  The next morning the power was back on and I reconnected the battery connection.  The low battery light was flashing which I assumed was normal.  A few hours later it was normal and not flashing.  If you push 5, Entrance Delay Zone, while setting the alarm, that light changes to yellow just like it should.  Now we enter the alarm code and each number pushed makes the beep sound and after entering the last number you get two beeps, one for the number and the other for the alarm setting and the ready light going off and the red-armed red light coming on.  The control station looks like it should with the correct lights lit and the correct colors.  When you return home and open the door there is no sound at all.  You enter your security code and the alarm makes its couple of beeps and all the lights are green again.  The problem is the alarm was NOT set even thou the control station shows it as armed.  How can I get the system to work properly again?

Magnum Alert

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
  • NICET Certified - Fire Alarm Systems - #121764
    • View Profile
Re: Z1100 - Alarm problems after power outage
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 06:45:38 PM »
I would start with checking the operation of the contact on that door, it probably just took a surge from the power outage and got fused together inside.  If you have an old Z1100, and the contact is as old as the panel, that's probably the issue.

The contact can be checked with a basic volt/ohmmeter or continuity tester, or you can just set the door chime on or arm the system, and disconnect one of the loop wires from that zone in the panel.  If the keypad chimes or goes into entry delay, the panel is fine and the contact is likely just bad.
Specializing in Ademco, DSC, DMP, Moose, Napco, and GE Concord and NetworX.
NICET certified - #121764
VESDA certified designer/installer.