Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

45 Guests, 0 Users

Author Topic: TL250 or TL260 ?  (Read 123 times)

DSC User

• View Profile
TL250 or TL260 ?
« on: February 18, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »
I am using the DLS5 software to program my PC1832 but must do it locally through the T-Link connection.  I want to be able to remotely program the 1832 over the internet.  I am considering purchasing a TL250 or TL260 as I understand one, or both of these cards can be used to remotely program the PC1832 over the internet. I self monitor and don't need to communicate with a third party monitoring service.  Unfortunately DSC will only talk to professional installers.  Does anyone have experience with these cards and can confirm how they operate?  Is any other software required?  Want to know before I buy the card.

Shieko

• View Profile
Re: TL250 or TL260 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 04:17:15 PM »
I have an 1864 with a TL2603GR communicator, which is a dual path communicator (internet and cell tower). It connects to my home intranet, and I use DLS to program and monitor my system from within my home. The connection is pretty straight forward as long as you know the intranet IP address (as assigned by your router, not the one assigned by your internet provider to your home), the communicator password, the SIM card number, the DLS access code, and the panel ID code. All of these parameter can be obtained from the keypad if you don't already have them.  I'm not familiar with the communicators you listed, but I have to believe that they would be similar.  Good luck.