Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

149 Guests, 1 User
VR46

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Update - I got the new 4229 and installed it and it works fine.

It has 8 dip switches and an LED on the board. The voltage across the output terminals of the new 4229 was 12.3v with nothing connected to them and about 2.85v with the 2k ohm resistor across them.

There is also a small push button switch. I don't know what it is for.

I haven't bought a new 4229 in a long time. Are they making the tamper with a push-button now?  Check to see if the cover has a tab that holds the button down when the cover is on.
I worked for a Brinks/Broadview contractor  and agree with the previous posts. Ont thing that you will need besides the panel is a Siren driver. Your system probably has speakers rather than sirens with a built-in driver. You van get a driver like the MPI 11 or get a voice driver like the Elk 110.
Update - I got the new 4229 and installed it and it works fine.

It has 8 dip switches and an LED on the board. The voltage across the output terminals of the new 4229 was 12.3v with nothing connected to them and about 2.85v with the 2k ohm resistor across them.

There is also a small push button switch. I don't know what it is for.
Hence, when I saw this happening and other issues with how the company was being run, is when many of us left.

Ultimate solution would be to disconnect the RJ31X.

That will work if the OP is willing to power cycle the panel every time it goes into FC (Fail to Communicate) Trouble.  Which might be rare--we don't know what the test interval is.

If the comm fail test is frequent enough to be too much of a hassle, the ultimate solution might be to replace the panel and keypad(s) with Honeywell Vista-20P and a 6160 Keypad (for programming) plus 6150s for whatever other keypads there may be; plus whatever other expansion modules & peripherals may be in the system. The Vista-20P fits into the BHS400B's existing cabinet, which can save a lot of hassle.

That's exactly what I'm going to do.  Ebay has some killer deals on Vista20P/6160 kits. (Too cheap to mess around with this old proprietary Brinks system.)
ChosunOne, thank you. I'd calculated that a 1/4 wavelength antenna for 345MHz would be 207mm, so 216mm sounds right considering that there would be a few extra mm for mounting. Now I just need to get wire rigid enough to use for the antennas.
They WILL be the same length as for the 5881. The length of an antenna is solely a function of the frequency at which it was designed to operate--which is 345MHz.  I measure one of my 5881 antennas at 21.6 cm, (or 216 mm) or 8.5 inches.
Hence, when I saw this happening and other issues with how the company was being run, is when many of us left.

That will work if the OP is willing to power cycle the panel every time it goes into FC (Fail to Communicate) Trouble.  Which might be rare--we don't know what the test interval is.

If the comm fail test is frequent enough to be too much of a hassle, the ultimate solution might be to replace the panel and keypad(s) with Honeywell Vista-20P and a 6160 Keypad (for programming) plus 6150s for whatever other keypads there may be; plus whatever other expansion modules & peripherals may be in the system. The Vista-20P fits into the BHS400B's existing cabinet, which can save a lot of hassle.

unless something changed, I thought that hangup or unresponsive 911 calls were a police dispatch.  I can't imagine hundreds a day from a security system
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10