PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

142 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Oh well, maybe it's a good time to buy the PTK5507W- Powerseries 7" Full Color Touch Screen Keypad.  What's your opinion of this keypad?
Great point.  I originally had the alarm discount and then it got dropped a few months ago because they asked for proof of monitoring so I will have to check out what the discount is. 

About the Envisalink... I see you can arm and disarm the system, check zones, etc.  Does it give you low battery warnings or any other useful info?

Yes,

You can select what text or emails you want sent to each phone.

I have everything sent to my cell phone - Arm, disarm, alarms, alarm restorals, supervisory events, bypasses, etc. I even have it monitor the power to my garage refridgerator and send me text when it losses power and when it power is restored.

I have my wifesís cell phone set to only receive a text for Arm, disarm and alarms.

I have my daughter who lives a few miles away get a cell phone texts only for Alarms.

Everything that a central station can receive can be sent to your cell phone. Low main battery, low battery on a wireless contact, low battery on wireless smoke detector etc.

You can set labels to zones so if you get a family room window alarm the text will state family room window alarm.

ALL FOR NO MONTHLY FEE!!

I have a Brinks BHS-4000B set up as a "bench" unit, with everything mounted to a plank of wood, zones wired to light switches, etc. One relevant fact about that system is that it has an Options button that you press repeatedly to cycle through different features to activate, the first two of which are single-zone bypassing (which is activated by simply pressing a number corresponding to a zone) and door chime (which is activated or deactivated by entering any valid code.) The zone numbers range from 1 to 8, but as I have the system in its factory default configuration, only zones 1 and 2 are programmed to be active, so predictably pressing any number from 3 to 8 gives an error beep and waits for you to press a different number.

Pressing 9, however, doesn't do this. Instead, it goes to Door Chime (prompting you to enter a code) as if the Options button was pressed again. Entering a code here does activate Door Chime, but instead of doing the long "success" beep, the keypad beeps rapidly as if erroneous input was entered. This even happens when, instead of entering a code, you do the 2-4-hold-7 to activate the walk test mode. (That is, it activates the test mode, but beeps as if you entered something wrong.) Or, alternatively, if you press Options additional times after pressing 9, and activate one of the other three features (auxiliary code setup, alarm memory, or comm test) it seems to happen there as well. For Alarm Memory, it actually does do the normal "success" beep, but then it does the error beeps right after, and I wasn't able to try the Comm Test one as I don't have it hooked up to a monitoring station to test with. Even pressing Options a fourth time to exit the menu makes it do the error beeps.

What I'm wondering is, is this just a glitch, or is there some secret code I can enter there that will activate some hidden feature? Or is there some other purpose to it? The installation/programming manual doesn't contain the words "door chime" anywhere, which I figure it probably would if this was mentioned, but it could for any number of reasons simply not be documented.
I have the following hardware:
PC1864 v4.6 Main Board
TR5164 Wireless Extender
WT4989 Wireless 2-way key
Envisalink 4 IP interface module
DscKeypad app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mpp.android&hl=en)

I'm following the manual for the 5164 (http://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=17079).  I was able to enroll wireless devices but only if I use a two-digit zone.  For example
*8 [install code] 804 01 esn

The 5164 manual suggests using a three digit zone for wireless keys [804][101]-[116].  However, when entering the esn in hex mode, the ready LED on the keypad stops blinking just before the last letter of a six-digit esn.  After some google searches, it seemed like some keypads don't support the three-digit zone.  It appears that the DscKeypad falls into that category.

All I need to do is enroll these two wireless keys.  I don't really need or want a physical keypad.  Is there anything that I can do?  I tried the [898] code too, but that is not working.
Only one RFK keypad allowed on the system.  If you want increased range, you need to use either PC5132 or the more current RF5132 external receivers along with the PC5320 Multiple Wireless Receiver Module (not compatible with RFK or TR5164).

Advice is to replace one RFK keypad with a PK5500.
I have a DSC 1832 panel with two RFK5500 keypads installed.  My entire system is wired, and working OK.  I'd like to install a DSC EV-DW4917 wireless door sensor, but I'm told that it will not work with two RFK5500's installed on a single system.

I've searched the DSC pubs, and can't find any reference to this limitation/issue.  Is it correct, and if so, are there any other solutions other than changing out one of the RFK5500's?
Great point.  I originally had the alarm discount and then it got dropped a few months ago because they asked for proof of monitoring so I will have to check out what the discount is. 

About the Envisalink... I see you can arm and disarm the system, check zones, etc.  Does it give you low battery warnings or any other useful info?
The LED will automatically indicate these:

Lit solid:  System armed
Slow Flashing:  Stay mode exit countdown in progress
Rapid flashing:  Alarm memory (alarm occurred while armed)
Well first, you need a cable to plug onto that header.  A keypad cable, or the (I think)4142TR cable, will work, or really anything that will fit those pins.

Here's how the trigger outputs work:   They basically give -12v when activated.  When not activated, they don't give anything.  The +12v must come from the aux + terminal.

As far as programming, it's pretty straightforward.

In programming, go into *79.  It will prompt you to enter the output number.  Enter 17, unless you're already using 17, then enter 18.  Then press *.

It will ask, "normally low?"  Select 0.  Normally low basically means "normally activated".  Press *.

Skip past the rest of the prompts 

Then go to *80.

At "output function #", type 1.  we have to define a function for this.  Then press *
There will be a summary screen with some numbers and letters.   * past this.
At "01 activated by", enter 2, zone type.  Press *
It will then prompt you for the zone type.  Enter 78.  This tells it that it's the keyswitch red LED.  Press *
* past the partition prompt.  Keep it at 1
At "output number", enter 17 or 18, whichever of the two outputs you are physically connecting to, probably 17.

That should be it.  You should be able to * past the rest of the fields, then *99 to exit programming.

Make sure to connect the LED + to aux +, and the LED - to the trigger output (17 or 18)
Hello Everyone,

We are trying to figure out how to program an LED (one red led) indicator light into our vist20p. Were good at the physical installation of the alarm equipment however the concept of programming seems to be outside of our skill set. We do have a 6160 keypad.  It seems that we have to activate the 8 pin trigger (yellow/17). We have a single red light we want to be on when armed and off when disarmed.  Can anyone please give up the step by step instructions on what to program into the keypad. Any help is appreciated.

Dan
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10