Women's Self Defense

Members Online

105 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Shut down the system.
Remove the module.
Start up the system.
Tell the panel to enroll its modules (go into then out of program mode).

Voila!
I am removing a NX595E IP card from my NX-8 panel.  I'm assuming the alarm service light will illuminate once it can no longer communicate with the module.  How do I un-enroll the NX-595E from the panel?
Hey rrc,

Glad to hear you were able to get it done... Yes its a nightmare for the upgrades. very time consuming! I make sure i ask for current version panel on every order i make now
General Digital Video Discussion Forum / Re: Very Nice Forum
« Last post by ChosunOne on October 17, 2017, 05:38:13 AM »
Hi, Davidemorm.  Welcome to the board.
General Digital Video Discussion Forum / Very Nice Forum
« Last post by Davidemorm on October 17, 2017, 04:37:16 AM »
Very Nice Forum. Just want to say hi.
My recommendation is to use zones 17 thru 32 for your wireless devices. You can mix wireless and hardwired zones on zones 1 thru 8 but I recommend leaving the hardwired zones available for future expansion. 
My system started with 16 zones and over time has increased to 24 zones with the addition of motion detectors, CO detectors, water detector and low temperature alarms.
Thanks @AlarmMike & dilligaf! I appreciate the feedback from both!
I reiterate what dilligaff stated about mixing hardwire and wireless within banks of 8 zones.

If zone 9 is the only hardwire zone in 9-16, then yes you can remove it from the PC5108, wire it to the terminals of a wireless WS4945, remove the PC5108 from the system, reset module supervision, then you can use 9-32 as wireless.  Personally, I would start wireless at zone 32 and work backwards with the devices, thus putting  11-16 on 27-32 and leave the PC5108 available for hardwire 9-16.
Wow, that sucks! I never thought that would be the problem. Thanks. I will try to move the zone 9 hardwired to somewhere else. Can I use wireless and hardwired on the PC1616 PCB itself? or does the same rule apply (i.e., no mixed zones on the PC 1616)? Also, can I hook up the hardwired zone 9 contacts to a WS4945 wireless module instead of the zone expander to be able to keep the same zone number?

Thanks!
You cannot mix wireless zones and hardwired zones on a group of zones assigned to a zone expander module. If the PC 5108 is set for zones 8 thru 16 you need to program your wireless devices to zones 17 thru 32. the PC1616 is capable of expanding to 32 zones using wireless for zones 17 thru 32.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10