PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

149 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Buy a new  L7000 on eBay for $169 and move on.
Home Security Camera Forum / Re: Advice On What To Buy
« Last post by jbp82 on June 19, 2018, 04:39:14 PM »
Thank you!  Sorry, thought I had thanked you before.   :)
If you have the Primary RIS Device check box checked off, the VAM can trigger scenes based on zone faults.

If you do choose to go through an AlarmNet provider for TC2 service (which certainly requires less setup but does have monthly fees involved), you would not want that option checked and TC2 would allow you to setup scenes based on zone faults instead of the VAM handling it locally.
I have encountered what appears to be a somewhat unique situation with a Lynx Touch L7000 Control Panel.   
One point of note is that I have no idea who formerly monitored the panel, and do not have the ability to obtain that information.
The panel was locked-out of local programming by the former installer or monitoring company.
Multitudinous attempts to perform the "backdoor" procedure have failed.  When I press Clear and 00 at the end of the sequence,
I get no reaction from the panel, other than a timeout to the Home Menu (the screen with "Arm Stay" for example).

What I need is a course of action to correct this dilemma. I have already contacted the two major DIY support companies online,
and their techs have indicated that my panel is now an expensive "boat anchor" (please excuse my attempt at humor).

I am willing to ship the panel to someone who can overcome this problem, but prefer instructions as to how this can be undone.
The panel shows there is no corruption when it is booted-up, and otherwise works perfectly well. 
But it will not be possible to register my sensors or sign-up for monitoring unless this is fixed.

I refuse to give up on the device since it is quite fully functional.

Thanks in advance for your comments and suggestions.  Please do not post unless your message contains a solution.
No need to use total connect.

Just Port forward port 443 to the VAM static IP address on your router’s administration screen. Then you should be able to access it from outside the network using https://youroutsideipaddress

You will need to set up a user and password on the VAM to access it. Also make sure you set up the “set up home router” page on the VAM

Also best to use a dynamic dns server such as dyndns.com to create a host name to always link to your home network from outside.

BTW, Garmin kicked Honeywell’s butt in avionics in the GA market.  I worked for them when they were Bendix and used their avionics on and off for many years.
I am beyond frustrated with this VAM.  Took forever for me to get it connected to the router.  Had to use static IP.  They should just tell you that.  Then I thought it would be easy to connect to the internet for remote use.  After hours of research I realize you have to go through a dealer to get registered for Total Connect.

Anyway, I got it working on the local network, but cannot get a scene to allow me to use the zones.  It is not highlighted like all the other selections.  Why?  I can set the alarm from the interface.  I tried checking the RIS box too.  What is the RIS box?

Honeywell is horrible for user friendly stuff.  I use their aviation stuff and it is the same complicated stuff.  Any help appreciated.
Hey all...
Somehow, my Vista20 panel just popped up with a trouble code for zone 104 (the voice module). However, I have never had a voice module on this system.
I usually program using Compass. So I logged in, and sure enough is showed a Voice Module defined as Unit 4.
However, I could not figure out how to remove it using Compass.
I finally just went to a keypad, and set the *28 to 00, and all was good again.
But my question...  Where in Compass could I have made this change?

Thanks!

red / black power
green / white video signal

this universal?
can I take your word?
If I have a need for 12 cameras, then, what system do I choose? Do i go for Logitech as well?
Biometric Fingerprint Technology / Re: Is your finger the next alarm code?
« Last post by kojak on June 13, 2018, 11:24:51 PM »

Unlike keys or alarm codes, your personal traits are next to imposable to lose. They can also be very difficult to copy.

Yeah, it's like one of the last remnansts of inividualization via bodies. The more breaking and hacking will become digital only, the more those traits will not matter anymore. But for now, they are to stay here. Conf. Chinese system of assessment citizen trustworthiness, I think it's based on some biometric data gathering policy, too..
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10