PPC Ad

Trustpilot Badge >

Women's Self Defense

Women's Self Defense

Members Online

162 Guests, 0 Users

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Hello All, I am new to this and trying figure out how to program the call out phone number into my security system for local use only. The system that I have is NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. I tried reading the control panel installation instructions but I don’t understand it much. I tried calling the manufacturer for support but they doesn’t offer support to homeowner, only to security company. I live in a small town and getting professional help is hard. My current system is the same kind NX-6V2 with keypad NX-108E. It decided not to work on me one day when the alarm tripped, the keypad rapid beeping came on but no call to my land line phone or my cell phone. Before, it would call my land line then my cell phone, that is how it was set up. So I decided to buy the same system to replace it and could not figure out how to set call out number. My purpose for this system are whenever any of the 8 zone trip, it would first call my home phone then call my cell phone. The link to the manual is : https://static.interlogix.com/library/I-NX6V2-IM Rev C Installation Manual.pdf. In page 17 where it shows “Location 0 - Phone 1”. I am thinking that is where the call out phone number would be program but I tried with no success. Maybe I am doing something wrong when putting in the number. I also tried to find similar thread on here but couldn’t find one. Maybe someone could point me to the right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciate.Thanks
Sorry for the double post, wasn't sure if this should be under the Caddex or GE forum.

I have an NX-6 v2 with 4 wired zones and 3 wiresless zones (a glassbreak and two doors).  The alarm was tripping anytime I exited installer mode or when it lost/re-gained power (without the battery connected).  It gave a glassbreak fault when doing so, along with the two wifi-door sensors.

To troubleshoot I took the glassbreak sensor apart and replaced the batteries.  The system was ok for a few hours then the alarm went off (when it wasn't armed) with a glass break fault.  It will not re-arm saying there is a fault with the glassbreak sensor.  Any suggestions?
I have an NX-6 v2 with 4 wired zones and 3 wiresless zones (a glassbreak and two doors).  The alarm was tripping anytime I exited installer mode or when it lost/re-gained power (without the battery connected).  It gave a glassbreak fault when doing so, along with the two wifi-door sensors.

To troubleshoot I took the glassbreak sensor apart and replaced the batteries.  The system was ok for a few hours then the alarm went off (when it wasn't armed) with a glass break fault.  It will not re-arm saying there is a fault with the glassbreak sensor.  Any suggestions?
We opened every window, all doors, etc. 

We discovered one wired window sensor that is not working and likely hasn't worked in a very long time. 

You are right; we discovered that 3 wireless sensors we know were working prior to this fiasco are now not working.  Sliding glass door 14, and two windows 15 & 16 are not chiming or displaying anything.  No change when putting in new batteries.  17& 18 are still working fine.  We only know their numbers from writing them down when the system was new. 

Thoughts?

Thanks for helping me...

Neil
Is this the wireless 5853 model?  I've had the tamper switches get flaky.  Tap or lightly pull on the detector.  If it goes into check, either the front or back tamper is kind of edgy.  A few layers of electrical tape over the plastic piece that presses the tamper button in is a dependable fix.
Question.  Is this an acoustic glass break sensor covering one or more windows, or a shock sensor mounted on the glass?  Model # could help.

Shock sensors are notorious for false alarms from fireworks and cars backfiring to bird strikes.
I had a glass surface mounted break sensor go bad and faulted when I was out of town. It was very stressful. Police were called and my neighbor helped me diagnose it.

After the alarm reset and went silent my neighbor tapped on the front plate glass window where the sensor was mounted and it set off again.

I remotely cancelled the alarm via my remote app then bypassed the sensor until I could get home to replace it.
I had a 6112 in my house. I believe the "channels" were actually zones as the 6112 could had have 8 zones on the main board and 8 more on the 640 expansion module.
I have verified I do not have the master code.  I have learned a lot from the manuals and this site compared to what I knew when we had a keypad die on the Radionics and the monitoring company replaced that with a Vista 20P with no discussion.  Anyway, not having the master code now seems pitiful.  I could have been doing so much more than I have been.  I cannot add user codes for visitors, for example.  I also cannot run a test.

Anyway, it looks like the best thing is for me to set the master code to something new, and let family members who currently know the user code continue using that.  I would like to start running periodic tests, so I want to have the master code.

An inventory of the Vista 20P shows that all 10 first floor windows are on a zone, all the smoke detectors are on a zone (basement, floors 1, 2, and attic), first floor doors (4 of them) 4 second floor windows, basement (1 door, 2 windows), and 3 PIR detectors.

Documentation I found from the original system (Radionics 6112) shows 16 "channels".  Some of the numbers are 19 to 28.  I was wondering what these are.  That is terminology I am not seeing with the Vista.  I will see if there are labels on the wires...maybe they have identified them for me...
guys

a few minutes ago, my glass break sensor in the living room went off when nobody was even on the 1st floor. No noises, nothing and nobody was even walking upstairs

isn't it strange for a glass break to give out a false alarm when it's so quiet? What should I check for - plan to check the sensor's internals tomorrow

Thx
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10